Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Senior Sportswear Designer to grow and enhance the product range by introducing creative, attractive, and carefully considered products; in addition, to provide valuable insight into new materials and innovative features ensuring future products meet market expectations.
• Designing commercial, innovative and cohesive ranges by working to a product brief, range plan, and target price points.
• Identify key trends and innovations responding to the latest industry developments through the UK and international trade shows, comp-shop reports, and travelling to visit UK dealerships.
• Manage and update Product Concept packs and Visual Line Plan using InDesign.
• Creating commercial colour palettes, strong trend visualisation, and styling for each collection and seasonal key stories, making sure target market requirements are met, both in the UK and abroad.
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge and experience of garment manufacturing processes and textiles.
• Ability to manage the design process holistically and methodically; from the origination of design concepts and briefs to the sealed production sample stage.
• Participate in the creation of annual and long-term Creative Direction strategies
• Liaise with Product Developers and Garment Technologists to compile product specifications, tech packs and design specifications that are clearly understood.
• Versatility to work on a broad range of products eg. 2L/3L garments, wovens, knits, gloves, overshoes.
• Ability to work with a broad range of materials ranging from 3L woven to performance knitwear.
• Ability to design graphics, patterns, and embellishments that will be applied to the garment ensuring consistent branding message and relevant use of primary and sub-brand logos.
• Experience with sublimation is an advantage
Applicants should have a background in Sportswear or Fashion Design; a textile, graphics or design degree is a requirement. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of the sports industry and functional garments; construction, materials, and manufacturing techniques. You will also need both a creative and analytical approach to product development; this will be applied to both new and existing products within a culture of continual improvement.
Other key skills include;
• Effective communication, organisation and the ability to meet critical path deadlines.
• Ability to work efficiently and concurrently on multiple projects and tasks in a calm manner.
• Expert level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite; specifically; Illustrator and InDesign
• Conversant with Microsoft Office, predominately; Excel and Outlook.
• Passion for sports and design.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available
Or check similar jobs