Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Garment Technologist to support the process for product development across brand, ensuring products are to excellent standard: Fit is consistent, construction meets requirements and approved samples are ready for bulk manufacture.
• To provide construction and fabric performance expertise to the Design and Development team during the development cycle.
• Lead fit sessions for all development samples and bespoke pro-teamwear items. Address fit issues. Provide clear comments to the manufacturer.
• Collaborate with Design and Development on transforming initial garment designs into technical packs.
• Create size specifications from first garment designs to enable manufacturers to provide accurate garment costings. Responsible for maintaining database of size specifications.
• Collaborate with the product development and production team to ensure that key deadlines are met within the established Critical Path
• Manage the testing and reporting program to ensure all products meet quality and legal standards.
• Build key competitor awareness to enable quality, fit and performance benchmarking.
• Proactively monitor, investigate and support the resolution of any quality issues.
Applicants should have a background in Sportswear; a technical degree or equivalent experience is a
requirement. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of the spots industry and functional garments; construction, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
The successful candidate will also need both an analytical and fastidious approach to product development; this will be applied to both new and existing products within a culture of continual improvement.
Other key skills include;
• Knowledge of a wide range of garments; 2L/3L garments, woven, knits, gloves and accessories.
• Good communicator, confident at building internal and external relationships.
• Ability to work efficiently and concurrently on multiple projects and tasks in a calm manner.
• Ability to work confidently with email, spreadsheets and office applications.
• To accurately measure garments with an exceptional eye for technical details.
• Passion for sports and design.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available
Or check similar jobs