Time4 recruitment are proud to be working with a main contractor who are looking to strengthen their team with the addition of Retail Fit Out Site Managers. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who are synonymous with delivering projects to an exacting standard and on budget.
The successful Site manager will be joining their retail fit out team and will be given the chance to work on major fit out and new build projects across the UK acting as No1 on site and managing the projects throughout the full life cycle.
Due to the nature of the projects, applicants must be able to show a proven background in delivering retail packages throughout the full life cycle whilst minimising disruption to the operators business. In addition to this you will need to hold all site management qualifications, including SMSTS, First Aid and CSCS.
This role is available on an immediate basis with a work schedule that will see you busy for the next 5 years. The client is offering an excellent remuneration package for this position as they wish to bring the best candidates in the market to join their team.
* Oversee all site activities and monitor progress against the programme taking remedial action where appropriate whilst protecting the Company’s contractual position at all times.
* Ensure the effective close out of projects and that snagging commences as specified by the customer from initial site set-up to completion.
* Monitor and inspect the quality of work to ensure high standards of quality are achieved and address any issues with the sub-contractors and trades.
* Keep up to date and complete site records in line with Company and legislative requirements.
* Identify potential issues which will affect successful project delivery and take necessary action to remedy the situation or escalate as appropriate.
* Safeguard the Company's contractual position, ensuring contract terms are understood and adhered to.
* Work closely with the Commercial team to monitor the financial status of the project, identify solutions to problems and improvements and organise activity to deliver these.
* Safeguard the Company's financial position and report variations to the commercial team.
* Manage prelim costs within budget.
* Manage the performance of direct reports and sub-contract labour, ensuring they are working safely and efficiently.
* To manage the communication of all necessary information.
* Fulfil responsibilities within the Project Management System.
* Ensure our HSQE standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to at all times.
* Take corrective action on any breach of policy to ensure a safe site, free of accidents and incidents, at all times.
* Responsible for the safety of the public, when working in a live environment.
* Co-ordinate the activities of different sub-contractors to ensure work is carried out efficiently and oversee performance to ensure work is completed on schedule and to the right standard.
You MUST have the following certificates to be considered for this role :
* First Aid
* Fire Marshal
* Asbestos Awareness
* CSCS card required
* Competitive salary £240 - £250 per day
* Contract role – 25 -30 weeks work
* Weekly pay
* Immediate start
* Location – Glasgow - initially – but must be willing to travel around the UK on other projects .
To apply for this role email your CV through the website to Hazel Baron
Or check similar jobs