Our client, one of the largest privately owned Fresh Produce business in the UK is seeking a dynamic Customs Compliance Manager for their exciting and rapidly expanding company in Kent. The job purpose will be to ensure compliance in all Customs procedures that are performed by the business. A comprehensive knowledge of HMRC and other Government agency legislation will be maintained and used to audit the activity of the business and for the development of new systems and processes. The Compliance Manager is responsible for overseeing existing business systems, process and audit schedules. As part of the Management team the post holder will also contribute to business growth plans by their inclusion in continuous improvement and bespoke project work. Management of Customs team training and development plus the timely resolution of any business non-conformances are key deliverables for the role. Other duties will :
* Experience using Customs systems (CHEIF, CNS, Destin 8, Sequoia) essential.
* Extensive knowledge of HMRC regulations pertinent to customs processes
* Practical experience using and managing proprietary customs software, previous experience with ASM Sequoia would be advantageous.
* Practical experience using CHIEF, CSP Software, PEACH, IPAFFS, NCTS. Operational experience of CDS advantageous.
* Ability to secure and maintain Customs authorisations eg, customs warehouse, CSFP, AEO.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Confident working with numbers and using Microsoft Office.
* Proactive, a self starter who gets things done with minimum supervision and can operate in a fast paced environment.
You will be an energetic, highly motivated individual with an enquiring mind and a passion for excellence, with great organisational skills and a keen eye for detail and have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Or check similar jobs