Job Title: Cleaning Operations Manager
Salary: £20,173 - £21,694 p/a DOE
Job type: Permanent, Full time - 40hrs p/w - shift pattern TBC
Based in Prestbury King's is one of England's great independent schools, with a history stretching back for more than five centuries and a reputation for delivering outstanding education. We welcome boys and girls aged 3 - 18 into our dynamic, stimulating and happy co-education learning environment.
The role of the Cleaning Operational Manager is to plan, organise and manage the delivery of all cleaning within the school site, ensuring your team is motivated, engaged and that cleaning standards are of a good calibre.
This role will involve managing and training all cleaners and working with other school site staff to ensure the building is presentable for all stakeholders.
The precise delineation of responsibilities will inevitably develop over time and will need to be flexible, but will include:
* Ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained and organise daily workloads, ensuring fair distribution of tasks.
* Take responsibility for induction training for new starts, ensuring all H&S, School and cleaning procedures are clearly explained and demonstrated.
* To ensure that the facilities and services operate in compliance with Health and Safety legislation and procedures including COSHH.
* To respond to all cleaning issues during working hours and make effective reports of faults found with standards of cleaning or necessary repairs
* To ensure the safe storage for all chemicals and domestic consumables.
* To provide adequate supplies of domestic consumables in the appropriate areas at all times and complete a monthly stock order.
* Conduct weekly audits.
* To ensure the safe operation and cleanliness of all equipment used
* To provide effective communication and deliver Team Talks to cleaning staff when required.
* To assist in the provision of the site waste management procedures.
* To report all accidents and incidents as appropriate.
* Understanding of policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices hygiene, cleanliness, COVID19, first aid, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards at School.
* To provide support and assistance on site in the delivery of contracted services.
* The post holder will be required to maintain an awareness of school policies, procedures and objectives related to the successful delivery of cleaning.
This is not an exhaustive list and may vary as the school's requirements change.
Key skills & experience:
- Previous experience in cleaning/facilities/soft service management.
- Support in the recruitment of staff
- Must hold a full clean current driving licence and have access to their own transport.
- People & management skills
- Experience overseeing a large team
- Ability to guide, mentor and train a team to maximise their potential
- Experience of conducting cleaning audits/reviews and liaising with appropriate managers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player & able to get on with others
- Ability to communicate clearly face to face with colleagues
- Excellent eye for details
- Work well under pressure and have good time management skills
- Able to produce accurate work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Computer literate
- Experience of running a large team and taking control as a strong leader.
- Good presentation skills
- High standards and expectations of cleaning
There will be a shift pattern to ensure that you are available to support the wider cleaning team. A degree of flexibility will be needed outside of term time, dependant on the needs of school.
This is a full year role, during and outside of term time should there be functions/events you will be required to ensure that cleaning has happened before and after.
The school expects the successful candidate along with other members of the Estates team to be on duty for evening and weekend functions as and when required based on the needs of the school.
Contributory pension scheme available
All support staff are entitled to English Bank Holidays and dependant on service will receive 18 days or 23 days after 5 years' service. Ten of these days must be taken in the summer holiday period. In addition to this there is also four days shut down during the Christmas period.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of Cleaner, Housekeeper, Housekeeping, Building Services Manager, Domestic Cleaner, Cleaning Supervisor, Commercial Cleaning Operative, Waste Operative, Cleaning manager, Commercial Cleaning Manager, Cleaners, Janitor, Commercial Cleaner, Facility Management, Porter may also be considered for this role
Or check similar jobs