Seeking a talented Electrical Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to further their career at the cutting edge of powertrain electronics and control systems.
Roles are based at a new multi-million pound engine research and development centre in Derbyshire.
* Candidates will be expected to demonstrate competency in design and validation of powertrain electrical wiring harness and associated electrical connection systems, ideally in the medium duty off highway sector.
* Driving harness and associated components through the design process to production release by generating technical specifications to meet program targets..
* designing engine and after treatment wiring harness
* procuring prototype and pre-production parts.
* managing harness component suppliers technically and commercially with the support of purchasing functions.
* designing and executing validation testing on bench and machine.
* Advising our customers on harness interface requirements and approving their installations.
* Conducting fault finding and rectification on prototype test bench.
* Supporting current product quality/warranty process.
* Supervising junior engineers & technicians.
Senior Electrical Engineer Requirements:
* A strong engineering background and a Degree/HND in Electrical Engineering.
* A firm grasp of automotive, commercial vehicle or off-highway electric/electronics fundamentals (ECU, sensor, actuators, CAN bus based communications and diagnostics).
* Have a working knowledge of CAD (NX), PLM systems, and Zuken or Vesys.
* Be able to understand, create and edit 3D models, wiring diagrams and schematics with a high degree of attention to detail.
* Background in design validation and signoff processes as part of new product introduction process.
* Demonstrate the ability to diagnose, test and fault find electrical systems.
* Excellent remuneration, benefits and relocation support packages.
* Support for continuous career development.
* Opportunities to progress your career in the UK and overseas.
* Discounted health and dental care schemes.
* Fitness centre and sports facilities.
* Excellent and easy access to regional transport links.
* Company Lift Share and Cycle to Work programmes.
* 33 days annual leave.
This vacancy is only available to Candidates with relevant experience as detailed in the job description. Due to volume of applications, we are unable to respond to applicants who do not possess the required skills and experience. Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of industry experience need not apply.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the country where this role is located BEFORE making an application
Or check similar jobs