CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions, part of Global Workplace Solutions, is a leading global provider of Scientific Support Services. We are recruiting a Scientific Equipment Coordinator to join the team located in Cambridge. To provide co-ordination and first line engineering support to a wide range of laboratory equipment to drive quality and efficiency within the lab space for the client’s scientific staff. This role will be part of the account-based team and have support, training, access to the UK CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions group network.
* Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused equipment support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory, and engineering standards
* Act as first point of contact for your respective site/area providing initial triage/diagnosis to simple equipment faults to decrease instrument downtime
* Where required, work with the planning or engineering teams to escalate calls for remediation, ensuring that the requestor is informed and updated at all stages of the process
* Maintain CMMS systems to keep accurate records of all equipment related faults to support data related initiatives (such as contract renewal, asset replacement etc)
* Manage and improve the service logging process and asset database
* Act as a first point of contact for external contractors arriving at site, ensuring that they have a valid EHS, GxP induction and HORUS screening prior to commencement of work; Review risk Assessments and Method Statements prior to work commencing in area/job in which they are working
* Ensure all compliant documentation including, but not limited to, engineering service reports are stored and filed according to GxP and GDP practices
* Assist both account and CBRE in the preparation for audits and assist in the retrieval of relevant documentation for inspection purposes
* Keep end users apprised of work order status and acts as on-site lead for the timely escalation of service request issues
* Assist in providing site coverage during core hours for support to account’s scientific staff and for the safety of visiting engineers to site
* Carry out regular asset sweeps (and potential for re-tagging of equipment)
* Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g., service reports
* Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
* Build-up and maintain client relationships
* Attend client meetings to review on-going performance, areas for continual improvement
* Support to CBRE Management Team to ensure all activities are completed
* Act as an ambassador to CBRE, ensuring a first-class service is always delivered
* 2+ years’ experience within the Laboratory/Pharmaceutical sector
* Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
* PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
* Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
* Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
* High customer focus
* Desire and ability to provide minimal hands-on engineering support to scientific equipment
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.
Or check similar jobs