Early years/KS1 Teaching Assistant
Are you an experienced Primary Teaching Assistant , do you have a passion for making a difference and contributing to the development of young people?
Chalk Education are working with a client primary school looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic teaching assistant to support teaching and learning in Early Years and/or Key Stage 1. This role will be a mixture of working with children on a 1:1 basis and supporting small groups with their learning. The successful candidate will work primarily in the classroom, as part of the Early Years/KS1 team and will be expected to take an active part in developing the children’s learning during child initiated sessions. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The role will include encouraging the creativity of children through indoor and outdoor play, together with supporting children at lunchtimes. You will also be expected to encourage good behaviour for learning and attitude to enable all children to achieve their best.
To be considered for this TA role you will need:
* Level 2 or above TA qualification
* Experience working in a primary school
* Good knowledge and understanding of a range of SEND
* Excellent behaviour management
* A flexible approach and positive attitude
* References confirming suitability for role
* Commitment to Safeguarding
* Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
* Eligibility to work in the UK
* Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
* Continual professional development through online training
* Competitive pay rates related to your experience
* Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
* Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
At Chalk our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We aim to offer a personal solution to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
Chalk is made up of a team of experienced education recruiters who all share the same goal – to build solid, long-term relationships with schools, teachers and support staff alike. We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies.
For more info please contact Sarah on (phone number removed).
The Legal Bit
Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data
Or check similar jobs