Lupa recruitment are delighted to be supporting a well-established young people’s charity that has worked within the communities in Manchester since 1903, it is integral within the community and provides activities for young people including Kickboxing, and Camping
This new role is to provide professional and co-ordinated Youth Services support for all these core groups. This is a role intended to support our young people’s activity leader(s) The role is also about creating partnership links and building an effective youth management and record keeping system.
To improve the quality, develop and expand an integrated and exciting offer for young people. To ensure consistency of standards across both boys and girls activities. To work with Salford Lads Club Lads and Girls Club leaders to provide cohesion and coordination standards.
* Manage existing club resources (financial, people, infrastructure) in the delivery of youth activities and projects.
* Provide support drawing on extensive experience of safeguarding children policy and procedures in order to oversee club-safeguarding policy.
* Identify and attend regular training and development opportunities to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of safeguarding, health and safety, and local policy developments.
* Work with Club Leaders, as well as other activity leaders to ensure quality of delivery, safety and standards across sports (both outdoor boys and girls football and indoor club-based activities), arts-based activities including music, community/environmental projects, and outward-bound activities. Recruit, train, support and manage volunteers.
* Maintain effective monitoring and evaluation systems, attend meetings, provide written progress reports to the management team, board of trustees, and respond to queries.
* Manage budget (activity costs / youth work), liaise with the Finance Director, Managing Director with regard to budgets and funding.
* Work in partnership with Lads and Girls Club Leaders, families and professionals from other organisations involved with young people such as community groups, charities, social care, health, police, education, youth offending teams and local authorities, in order to build a strong support network.
* Raise the profile of the youth work that we provide to engage external partners and influence potential funders.
* Ensure youth work delivery is educative, empowering, participative and fun, and reflects equal opportunity and diversity in all regards.
* Take a strategic lead in ensuring young people's voices are heard and be an advocate for the club in the community.
The post holder will be required to work some evenings and some weekends and attend overnight trips. The post holder will require an enhanced DBS check
For more information in regards to this role please call (phone number removed) as speak to one of the team today
Or check similar jobs