Senior Software Engineer (Back End) Scala Developer
REMOTE EU OR BASED IN UK / MALTA / POLAND
My client are a licensed next generation online gambling company focused on esports. Utilizing our advanced wagering system, they offer esports fans and enthusiasts from around the world (excluding the United States, for now) the ability to wager on all professional eSports events for real money in our licensed and secure environment.
In addition, my client intends to offer users from around the world the ability to participate in multi-player mobile, console and PC video game tournaments online for cash prizes.
The first online gambling company trading on an American stock exchange, my client provides all esports and iGaming enthusiasts with an opportunity to invest in the growth of esports for years to come. My clients common stock is listed on the NASDAQ.
The Company maintains offices in Malta, Estonia, London, Newcastle upon Tyne, Warsaw and New Jersey US.
When joining the engineering team at you will be part of one of the small cross-functional product delivery teams. The teams focus on delivering solutions that are well thought out, documented and tested. The client work in a self-managing structure and are motivated by delivering rapid and visible business benefit.
The client has many interesting projects to work on, but this particular role would allow you to join and work on our core product that underpins our gambling operations.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Commercial Scala experience
• Akka, Play, Docker, K8s, AWS, Postgres, Kafka
• Good grasp on micro-services, reactive architecture, event sourcing and CQRS
• Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins preferred)
• Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English
Additional Experience -Non Essential
• Apache Flink
• Apache Kafka eco-system, i.e. Streams, Connect, KSQL
• Experience working with Lightbend products
• Experience in gambling and/or gaming industry
• Experience with Python
Or check similar jobs