Operations Director (Mortgage Brokerage)
Are you the experienced and highly capable Operations Director we are looking for to make a huge impact on our business?
Can you help us double the size of our company in the next couple of years? Are you the person who is going to instil our core values and build and lead our team through the next, exciting stage of our development?
About Teal Finance
Teal Finance is driven by a group of property finance, development and investment specialists who can provide a unique advantage in how to structure innovative property finance solutions.
We’re a Norwich-based independent regulated mortgage and finance broker. We love to do things differently. We’re the opposite to the boring traditional repetitive approach. We’re culture driven.
Our culture is determined by our vision of being the most productive mortgage and finance broker in East Anglia that provides both a vibrant and fun environment for our team to prosper.
In order to achieve that, we provide everyone with whom we interact with an environment that is professional, driven, and assertive. We’re not looking to follow the mould; instead we’re looking to break it by doing things differently, embracing change and constantly developing our services and policies to achieve our objectives.
About the opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established mortgage and finance brokerage business.
We are ready and well-positioned for the next stage in our company's development and have a brilliant role to offer the right individual.
This Operations Director opportunity will involve working with the CEO and the team of brokers to drive the business so that it meets its business plan objectives. The duties are varied, and you will have influence and management over the key areas of team management, compliance and risk, marketing, and ensuring we meet our business targets.
Key functions will include:
* Coordinating and chairing management and review meetings with the team of brokers and case progressors.
* Training and developing the team of brokers and case progressors.
* Growing the team of brokers to become the largest mortgage and finance brokerage in East Anglia.
* Developing and overseeing 3rd party relationships with lenders.
* Understand and implement product knowledge throughout the team.
* Reviewing reports from company performance systems
* Monitoring and reviewing sales targets on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
* Coordinating with the compliance department for new and existing files.
* Ensuring a strong risk and controls strategy is in place.
* File reviews and implementing regulatory changes.
* Team reviews, 1-1s, recruitment and training, wellbeing HR management, team performance and team days and functions.
* Budgeting, cash flow and income projections.
* At least two years business or team management experience gained
* Previous experience working as a mortgage broker
* CEMap qualified
* Experience in using Excel
* A good understanding of running a team.
* Highly organised, methodical and disciplined.
* Strong communication skills - able to act as an integrator and liaise confidently with all people in the company.
* Share our values.
* Strong leadership and coaching skills, able to enable our team to be the best they can be.
* Be focused to enable us to achieve our goals.
* Emotionally intelligent. 2
* Previous use of Twenty7Tec and 360LC would be an advantage, though not essential
* Salary - £50,000 per annum plus override commission of 2.5% of the gross fees generated by your team of brokers.
* Company Pension Scheme
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Or check similar jobs