Ortus Recruitment are currently working with a ‘Good’ Primary School in Merton that needs a passionate and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant. This position is supporting a KS2 class which will focus on providing general support and 1:1 support.
Purpose of the job:
* To carry out work, care and/or support programmes for pupils, under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff
* To enable access to learning for pupils and assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
* To contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
* Full-time Monday-Friday, from 8:30 - 4:30pm
* Starting immediately
* Located in the Merton area
* KS2 class
The ideal candidate:
* Experience working within a classroom setting or with children of the Primary age range
* SEND knowledge
* Clear written and spoken communicator
* Enthusiastic and dedicated
* Degree educated/recent graduate
* Hold right to work in the UK
* Hold a fully enhanced DBS on the Update Service – if you do not possess a current DBS you will have to process a new application (we can help guide you through the process if necessary)
* Provide recent and relevant references
* Be available to work full-time
Why should YOU work with Ortus Recruitment?
* Excellent rates of pay (PAYE!)
* Local offices
* Dedicated specialist consultants
* Generous referral scheme
* Specialise in long-term, full-time work
* REC corporate members
The school are very open to hearing innovative ideas and suggestions as to the direction the project might take, they will be interviewing ASAP.
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply today to be considered.
Ortus Recruitment Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to posts through the company must undertake or have undertaken the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application form
Or check similar jobs