We are currently looking for a Design Coordinator for a well established Contractor who specialise in Industrial builds & office fit outs. You will be working under the Design Manager as part of the Design Team, on multiple commercial and industrial contracts, ranging from £1m - £20m in value.
The projects will consist of industrial units comprising of steel frame, metal cladding, civils & drainage.
* Carrying out drawings reviewed to identifying errors, omissions and issuing our comments. Then ensuring all comments are accurately integrated into the design, ensuring all trades and specialists are fully co-ordinated.
* Reviewing design information to ensure compliance with the contract specifications, drawings, and relevant documents.
* Providing design support to Project Management teams.
* Review and implement value engineering opportunities.
* Attend design team meetings to co-ordinate architects, engineers, and sub-contractor information. Assist the contracts manager in producing and co-ordinating meeting minuets.
* Utilising specialist consultants coordinate the information and design to ensure BREEAM and Part L (SBEM) compliance are attained as required.
* Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance.
* Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise.
* Reporting design progress to the design manager to ensure all deadlines are met.
* Working as a design co-ordinator for a minimum of 2-3 years for a main contractor, preferably within the industrial/commercial sector. Alternatively working as an architect reviewing drawings and looking to make the move to a main contractor.
* Strong I.T skills, familiar with Microsoft software. CAD/Bluebeam skills a benefit but not required.
* Ideal candidate will have experience reviewing civils, levels, drainage, concrete, S278, S106, S50, steel frames, cladding, internals, and M & E.
Please call Frontline on (phone number removed) or email CV/Contact details to the email address stated if you are interested in this Design Coordinator vacancy
Or check similar jobs