My client in Stansted is currently in need of a stores person due to expansion.
Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor this role will involve assisting with the day to day running of a busy Stores department to provide a proactive and efficient service.
* Assist with the day to day running of the Stores department
* Issuing tooling, consumable and rotable aircraft parts to engineers
* Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aircraft parts in line with operational procedures
* Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards
* Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods
* Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf life items and tooling due for calibration
* Creating documentation and maintaining logs and archive files
* The control and disposal of waste products in line with company and environmental
* Keeping a clean and tidy working environment while optimising space utilisation
* To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimize cost
* Ensuring the best level of service is offered and maintained for both internal and external customers
* Driving of company vehicles
* Out of hours working if and when required
* Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
Skills and Experience Required
* Stores Inspection/Quality Approval in a 145 maintenance environment
* Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a logistics environment (Preferably in the aviation industry)
* Previous experience with regards to Quality Inspection and be conversant in aerospace trace documentation
* Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Full Clean UK Driving License.
The salary for this role is £25k per annum.
Onsite Parking is available, hours of work Monday to Friday working 0800 hours to 1630 hours. Holidays are 23 days per annum plus Bank Holidays, there is a Contributory Private Health Scheme and Statutory Pension Contributions are applicable to this role.
Please respond with an up to date CV if you’d like to be considered
Or check similar jobs