Position: Business Executive
Location: Abingdon (with a large proportion of home working)
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum (with a clear and proven career path to progress)
Hours: Monday – Friday (09:00 – 18:00 with an early finish on a Friday)
Experience: Personal Assistant, Administration, Business Executive, Recruitment, Business Growth, Finance, Events, Marketing, Sales
We are looking for an ambitious Business Executive to join our small and friendly team. This is a varied role where you will gain valuable experience in all parts of our business including providing PA support, administration, marketing, business planning, sales, events and financial administration. This is, therefore, a really unique opportunity to expand your skillset and learn first-hand about everything required to successfully run a business.
This position does involve some remote working. However, we do have office space based in Abingdon, which you will be required to work from on occasion.
* Recruitment- Learning how to source CV's, interview candidates, pitch jobs to candidates, submit to clients for consideration
* PA Duties – Providing support to our Managing Director across his businesses and voluntary work (diary management, organising meetings, taking phone calls, responding to emails)
* Administration - Responsible for writing job descriptions, advertising jobs, writing interview confirmations and applications on behalf of candidates and general office administration
* Business - Working closely with the MD around the planning and implementation of the growth strategy for the business, regularly updating the business plan, and creating clear and defined goals focused on business growth
* Marketing - Responsible for day-to-day running of all social media channels, creating content for our website, external websites and magazines. As well as working closely with our MD and marketing manager to plan and implement marketing strategies, both offline and online
* Events – We are closely linked to an Oxfordshire based Business Networking Events business, so you will be responsible for supporting, planning and often attending these events.
* Sales - Taking an active involvement in talking to candidates, pitching jobs and attending regular networking events and client meetings.
* Finance - Day-to-day management of the accountancy software (Xero), general bookkeeping and financial duties with the support of the MD and an external accountant
Due to the varied nature of this role, we are not expecting experience in all parts but the successful candidate must be motivated and ambitious to learn about all aspects of the role.
Here at Thompson & Terry, we really value a consultative and thorough approach to recruitment. As such, our company ethos is that we only submit candidates to clients if we would personally employ them ourselves. We are looking for employees who are really passionate about our approach to recruitment, and keen to implement our principles of honesty and transparency to clients and candidates alike.
We are so proud of our company culture and all our staff were involved in developing our mission statement, which we completely live by every day. As a reward for your hard work, we offer our employees a number of company benefits, from flexible working, work socials to guaranteed promotions and pay rises, plus a day off on your birthday and an early finish every Friday!
* Ability to work remotely and autonomously (thorough training will be provided)
* Strong and proven communication skills, both written and verbal
* Exceptional organisation skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritise a high workload
* Willingness to learn and ambitious to grow a solid and well-rounded career
* A genuine interest in building a career with Thompson & Terry Recruitment
* A genuine desire to learn how a business works and be involved in supporting its growth
* A friendly and professional manner
* Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
Thompson & Terry Ltd is a recruitment consultancy specialised in the sourcing of Sales & Marketing professionals in Oxfordshire. No terminology used in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, age or sex.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful at this time
Or check similar jobs