Distributor & Procurement Manager – Life Sciences
Location: Glasgow Office (part office/home based
12 month FTC
Working for a leading supplier of biologics to the Research Communities globally this position is for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract cover as a Distributor & Procurement Manager. The key responsibilities will be to maintain and manage sales through the organisations existing distributor channels and manage the on-going relationship with stakeholders.
This role would suit an entrepreneurial individual with a life science or clinical background (degree level but higher preferred) and experience within either the clinical research/trials sector or Project Management or commercial roles within a clinical/medical setting. A working knowledge of GCP would be desirable along with an understanding of the HTA and associated industry ethics. Applicants should be commercially minded with experience working with customers, suppliers or distributors and developing strong relationships would be advantageous. You need to be a highly motivated self-starter, with the ability to think innovatively and work independently.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
* handling price and requests for quotes from the commercial team and Distributors
* Maintaining pricing for standard products, stock and delivery time scale estimate information
* Manage stock from suppliers ensuring availability information is kept up to date and distributors/BD teams are well informed of any availability issues
* Maintain relationships with Distributors via phone, email and face to face support where appropriate
* Be the first point of contact for any inbound product enquiries from Distributors
* Maintain databases as appropriate
For more information about this exciting unique opportunity please contact Richard Taylor
Or check similar jobs