Work with us!
Join us in our mission to transform lives and wake up every day feeling good about your work. We will help you understand our values, and we’ll train and support you to be confident in transforming lives for people with disabilities. If this sounds great to you.
Then you’re just what we’re looking for and we’d like to hear from you!
What do our Support Workers do?
A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. Through getting to know the people you support, you will identify and work with them to achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives.
You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including support and encouragement with personal care as well as taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
A typical shift is around 7½ hours and can fall between 7 am and 10 pm, any day of the week. Night staff usually work a 10-hour shift. All our rotas are planned, so you know when you are working. A full-time week is 37.5 hours, and we offer guaranteed hours, full-time, part-time or bank contracts
What experience do you need?
You do not need experience in care, nor do we require qualifications - we will invest in your development and training to become an exceptional care worker. We are keen to find people who share our values:
* We see the person - encourage choice and respect the opinions, beliefs and dignity of others. Treat people as equals, be thoughtful, discreet and maintain confidentiality
* We are creative - encourage and support everyone to reach their goals, think of solutions to problems and actively involve people in every aspect of their lives
* We are brave - be positive, embrace new ideas, experiences and challenges. Be genuine, honest and a voice for others.
For this role also you must be a car driver
What are the Benefits?
· 30 days holiday inc Bank Holidays – increasing with service
· Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
· An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
· Paid DBS and Update Service
· Enhanced overtime payments
· Loyalty awards and life assurance
· Perkbox shopping discounts
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early
Or check similar jobs