Due to significant growth in mortgage lending and a strategy of expansion, our client, a niche and highly customer focused mortgage and savings provider, is looking to add to and strengthen their Compliance team with the addition of a Compliance Officer.
The main purpose of the role is to provide compliance support services to the company.
Key Responsibilities for the Compliance Officer
* Responsible for carrying out compliance monitoring including thematic reviews in accordance with the annual Compliance Plan and assisting the Compliance Manager in carrying out his/her duties.
* Approved to sign off Financial Promotions under FCA (MCOB and BCOBS) regulations.
* Provide day to day compliance support to all business areas.
* Undertake 2nd line monitoring to provide assurance of 1st line activities including but not limited to Training and Competence, Quality Assurance, and other operational business activities.
* Assist in the development and completion of the annual compliance plan based on an analysis of the key areas of the business and key compliance risks
* Ensure that all DSARs are handled in a timely, accurate manner ensuring the regulatory timeframes for responses are met whilst ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
* To check financial promotions, marketing, and non-marketing literature to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and provide appropriate feedback and advice.
* To carry out/ assist in the recording, monitoring, and reporting of all activities associated with Financial Crime (including AML/Terrorist financing and fraud).
Skills and experienced Required for the Compliance Officer
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Knowledge and experience of conducting compliance monitoring with particular attention to root cause analysis
* Strong knowledge of FCA regulations and industry best practice including BOCBS, MOCOB, Complaints, Financial Promotions, Financial Crime including AML/CTF and Fraud and Data Protection Regulations.
* General knowledge of the financial services industry and its operational activities
Whilst our clients head office is based in Dorset, they can offer a flexible approach to the working week i.e., can work remotely anywhere in the UK and offer flexible working hours
Or check similar jobs