Up to £40K per annum
Hours of work: 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday
MDE are looking for a Toolroom Manager to join a leading and thriving company within the plastics industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for any Toolmakers who are looking to "move up the ladder" into management, you must have strong hands-on experience working on mould tooling and be time served in the relevant discipline to be considered for this position.
Any supervisory experience within a mould shop would be considered very desirable for this position.
Core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Preparation and maintenance of existing tooling according to requirements.
Effectively identifies day to day tooling issues and implements corrective action where required.
Cleaning of all production tooling to ensure on time delivery and ensure targets are met.
Ensures all tooling is safe and production ready at the time returned for production use, following correct preventative maintenance (PM) process.
Ensures Production is advised when assignments cannot be completed as planned.
Supports coordination of engineering changes and supports maintenance of spare parts.
Verifies conformance of machined and/or repaired tools to specifications by checking dimensions / clearances / alignments.
Engineer and manufacture of machine parts and tooling as required.
Fits and assembles parts and test completed tools for proper operation.
Follow up repair work by seeking feedback from the production and quality departments and completing a record of the work undertaken.
Ensuring concise information is shared between the toolroom and production Supervisors/Manager.
To manage and prioritise labour to tooling breakdowns in accordance to the production department requirements.
Monitor the use and stock level of spare parts, reporting and reordered.
Carry out weekly 5s audits and ensures actions are completed.
Ensures team follows correct P.P.E requirements.
Ensures the safety and wellbeing of team members.
Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant and adhere to all Health and Safety environmental requirements.
· Time served apprentice in relevant discipline.
· Mould tooling experience.
· Excellent hand tool skills. (hand tools will be supplied)
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
· Experience in working with Toolroom equipment including overhead cranes.
· Experience in Inspection equipment. (micrometer, height indicator, etc.),
· Experienced in using milling machine, lathe, surface grinder, bench grinder.
· Ability to follow and execute the preventative maintenance program.
· Strong communication skills at all levels within the business.
· Able to manage and prioritise numerous tasks.
· Experience in manufacturing environment.
· Experienced in repairing support tooling in mould shop.
· Experience using cnc machines Lathes, millers and grinders.
· Good knowledge of engineering materials. Steels, alloys etc.
· Understanding of cmm reports.
· Experience of repair and maintenance of hydraulic systems including repair of cylinders and pipework.
· Knowledge of 5s methodology
· Good interpersonal skills with "hands on" problem solving expertise.
· Work collaboratively to achieve project/company goals.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Good analytical skills
· Strong communicator both written and verbal
· Ability in influence and manage stakeholders.
· Very organised
· Proactive in approach with a "can do attitude"
· Full Driving Licence
Please not that all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, anyone outside of the UK will not be considered
Or check similar jobs