mbi Medical are pleased to be working with Slough Borough Council, who currently require 5 x Project Social Workers
To work with adult citizens of Slough and their formal/informal carers or agencies to provide a person centred review of current care provision, an asset based, outcome focused reassessment of need, (including assessment of carers needs where applicable) and an up-to-date support plan for a package of care suitable to meet those needs.
To review the care needs of a cohort of people currently using a range of provider daycare and day opportunity services prior to those services being decommissioned.
To reassess against Care Act eligibility and to support plan / commission alternative services to meet needs.
It is anticipated that a minimum of 2-3 cases will be reviewed, reassessed and a new support plan drawn up accounting for changes in care provision (a Minimum of 20 -30 people will be reviewed over a 10-week period for a WTE). There is no room for this to be reduced, and it is a tight timescale
The jobholder will be expected to complete the responsibilities/accountabilities effectively in order to deliver the key objectives of the organization
- To work within the framework of the Care Act 2014, and other relevant legislation, to provide assessment, review and intervention for service users with eligible needs.
- The social worker has day-to-day responsibility of the prioritization of their own work and identification of issues of risk.
- The social worker represents the Adult Social care Directorate and Slough Borough Council in their day-to-day activities and will comply with all relevant policy and procedure affecting their role, including safeguarding.
- To ensure any appropriate legal/financial arrangements are correctly in place for the provision of services to service users and carers, in liaison with appropriate teams and panels.
- To ensure monitoring and reviewing systems are in place for clients on their caseloads, and to ensure case files and electronic recording on IAS database and associated information systems remain current.
- To consider an enabling ethos and approach to supporting service users and their families /carers and in joint working with partners and agencies.
- To follow the relevant legal duties and procedures for ensuring that information and data is collected and recorded accurately to enable reliable analyses and reporting.
You will need:
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent professional qualification
- SWE registered
- Enhanced DBS
- 2 years prior experience of LD service user group and at least 3 years experience of practising within adult social care management
If necessary, the worker may on occasions be required to work unsocial hours – early evenings/weekends to facilitate face to face meetings with those being assessed and key stakeholders. A lone working out of hours reporting protocol must be followed for such exceptions
Or check similar jobs