As an infrastructure specialist, Murphy directly employs more than 4,000 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives across the world. We operate in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia and the Middle East. We have a number of specialist capabilities such as pipelines, process, marine, tunnelling and piling, and we invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
Group Reporting Analyst - Warrington ( Stonecross)
We are recruiting for a Group Reporting Analyst for our office in Golborne due to promotion within the team.The ideal applicant will be CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with a proven track record in ensuring accurate consolidated financial information is reported and the ability to add value to the team.
The Group Reporting and Consolidation Analysts is responsible for:
* Production of the consolidated monthly group management accounts.
* Production of the statutory group consolidation and notes to the financial statements for the Annual and Interim Reports.
* Overall intercompany reconciliation.
* This role is be responsible for all Business Units (which will contain Join Ventures) and Functional areas in the UK, Ireland and Canada
* The role provides support and financial analysis as required for key stakeholders including Head of Group Reporting and Group Financial Controller
What you will be doing:
* Produce the timely and accurate annual group consolidation to support the production of the statutory accounts.
* Present the group consolidation to external auditors to support the audit and approval of the group consolidated accounts.
* Prepare supporting working papers for the group consolidation including but not limited to group reserves reconciliation, cash flow/net debt workings, foreign exchange, intercompany elimination proofs and supporting calculations for consolidation adjustments.
* Responsible for preparing the consolidated and subsidiary statutory accounts, and managing subsequent changes in a controlled manner, keeping all stakeholders up to date.
* Point of contact for the external auditors on all aspects of the Group Financial statements and primary contact for consolidation queries.
* Produce the timely and accurate monthly group consolidation to support the production of the monthly management accounts
* Produce all monthly management account reporting in accordance with the published month-end timetable, including full support to the Flash meeting
* Ensure that the Group intercompany reconciliation is fully understood, correctly transacted, and fully reconciled on a monthly basis.
* Review, reconcile and maintain the integrity of the underlying accounts by entity and business unit
* Develop and maintain up to date relevant reports in D365 and Power BI to support management accounts reporting and business decision making.
* Support other users of consolidations and management accounts in D365 to ensure that they can access meaningful and relevant reporting
* Provide routine and special requests for reports or analysis for internal groups, external auditors, affiliated companies and regulatory agencies.
* Apply appropriate financial control and governance by adhering to the group accounting manual, policies and control framework, to support successful external audit outcomes.
* Develop and sustain good working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues.
* Seek ways to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and processes in the Group Finance area
* Ensure compliance with accounting principles and standards and the SSC’s SLAs
* Recognise and communicate potential issues/risks
* Complete ad-hoc tasks as required.
What we are looking for:
* Must have at least 5 years of strong financial accounting experience, preferably in a Shared Services environment
* Significant exposure to statutory accounts preparation, working with auditors and experience of managing complex processes involving multiple internal/external stakeholders
* CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent – minimum of 5 years PQE
* Must have strong academic record and experience of working in Finance in a commercial business
* Strong UK GAAP knowledge for group reporting; must have exposure to multi-currency group consolidations
* Excellent bookkeeping and reconciliation skills
* Worked in a large organisation of a similar size and structure
This would be highly desirabel but not essential:
* Good knowledge of Finance ERP systems including Power BI and data warehouses
* Construction Industry knowledge or industries with complex contractual arrangements
* Exposure to completing corporation tax packs
* Experience of accounting for joint arrangements/ventures
Or check similar jobs