Are you a compassionate and driven leader?
Do you have the passion and commitment to make a difference to people’s lives who are affected by dementia?
Can you manage multiple projects with ever changing priorities with a positive “can do” attitude?
If yes we would love to tell you more!
Service Manager Responsibilities:
We are the UK’s leading dementia charity. Every day we work tirelessly to find new treatments and ultimately, a cure for dementia. We provide expert information and support services to all those who need our help, and we are also creating a more Dementia Friendly Society so that people with the condition can live without fear and prejudice.
As a Dementia Connect Local Services Manager you will:-
• Provide local leadership and management of local services, across the West Midlands
• Be responsible for managing specific contracts and supporting the Area Manager to deliver the Alzheimer’s Society’s strategy.
• Lead the local delivery of the services across a designated area, ensuring that services are of high quality, person centred, safe and people affected by dementia are at the heart of service delivery.
• Have direct line management responsibility for Dementia Support Workers/ Advisers who provide support and guidance to people with dementia within a person-centred approach.
• Report directly to the Area Manager and will be a member of the Midlands Central management team.
• There will be a requirement for travel across a designated area.
Service Manager Requirements:
Our people are our greatest asset, and it is only through our people that we will achieve our strategy, therefore we are looking for someone who can truly role model our managers charter to ensure we get the best from our people. We are looking for;
• Someone who can demonstrate the ability to influence and manage relationships with stakeholders to take forward our Dementia Connect Service.
• Experience in influencing key roles in Health & Social Care sector to ensure we are the go-to provider for dementia services and deliver quality services in line with our wider strategic needs.
• A great people manager having led teams to enable them to deliver high performance outcomes and work collaboratively to provide an excellent service.
• A role model of our values and behaviours in all they do, who can work effectively with internal teams to achieve mutual outcomes.
• Successful managers of change from start to end and will need to be highly organised and able to manage multiple priorities.
• Someone who works well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• A positive and proactive attitude to challenging situations and problem solving, using a collaborative and engaging approach with your team.
About Alzheimer’s Society:
Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.
Position: Dementia Connect Local Services Manager
Location: Home Worker - England and Wales
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, permanent
Salary: £32,622 - £35,624 actual per annum (depending on skills and experience)
Closing Date: 24 October 2021
Interview Date: 2 November 2021
You may have experience of the following: Service Manager, Services Manager, Registered Manager, Care Manager, Care Management, Dementia Services, Dementia Support, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)
Or check similar jobs