My client is recruiting for a Corporate Finance Solicitor to join their team in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The work will include structuring funds that invest in private equity, real estate, infrastructure and
renewable energy assets, which often involve limited partnerships, as well as public companies listed on the London Stock Exchange or other markets, and some offshore vehicles. The work will also involve transactions involving these structures, including transactions involving public companies.
The work involves structuring vehicles for a range of other purposes, including joint ventures and various types of financing arrangements.
An understanding of the financial regulatory framework relevant to these types of structures and markets would be developed over time.
The work is technically interesting, and you will need to develop an understanding of the markets and the commercial context in which their clients operate. It often involves an international element and collaboration with professional advisers in other jurisdictions. You will work closely with existing clients and also be part of the continuing efforts of the team to win new clients and business.
The candidate should have an interest in investment funds and related corporate finance work and
ideally some relevant experience in these areas of law.
* Advising clients on structuring investment funds; capital raising; transactions and projects involving
* investment funds and financial markets
* Drafting legal research and papers for client advice and/or wider publication
* Assisting clients to meet their overall business objectives
* Helping win new work and clients for the firm
* Being part of the investment funds team working closely with other specialists including their tax team
* Applying analytical thinking and commercial judgement to delivering results for clients
* Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised
* access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times
* Interest and enthusiasm for investment funds and related corporate finance work
* Excellent attention to detail
* Adapts style of communication appropriately when dealing with colleagues and clients
* Takes personal responsibility to learn on the job and keep knowledge up to date
* Shows understanding of clients’ needs and shapes advice appropriately
* Strong drafting and written communication skills
* An ability to understand commercial clients and how they operate their businesses
* Demonstrates strong research skills
* Ability to deal with competing priorities and meet deadlines
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful
Or check similar jobs