An international technology company in Cambridgeshire is seeking a Patent Analyst.
Apply on Partner Site
***Please note that experience in patent landscaping or relevant work experience in patent analysis is preferred but is not essential as training will be provided***
To support Corporate Venturing and Innovationn(CVI) team by performing and analysing a myriad of IP searches, landscapes and various other IP related projects.
• Develop, conduct and analyse comprehensive search strategies/results for a variety of landscapes, clearance, patentability, and validity searches for business management, IP colleagues, and technology scouting purposes.
• Develop and collaborate with third party search companies to perform landscapes, whitespace analyses, and various other IP searches.
• Communicate search results, and provide deliverables, in the form of landscapes, patent maps, and charts from items 1 and 2 above.
• Track all CVI projects and maintain a log of these.
• Provide CVI target company IP portfolios to Principal Patent Attorney and Patent Engineer for Patent Portfolio Analysis Reports.
• Maintain IP department software licenses and updates and serve as the primary liaison between the IP team and external providers of search tools and databases and organise training for the IP team.
• Maintain proficiency with commercial patent searching databases and other proprietary databases of technical publications.
• Arrange IP alerts, and analyse competitor IP developments, and communicate findings with internal stakeholders.
• Educated to degree level in Chemistry or Biochemistry with an MSc in Intellectual Property or alternatively an MSc or PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry together with demonstrable experience in IP, for example, gained as an inventor or as an IP professional.
• Experience in patent landscaping and relevant work experience in patent analysis gained within an IP team would be preferred.
• Experience with a major patent related database and performing patent searches, for example, Derwent Innovation, PatentSight, STN, Orbit or a similar system would be preferred.
• Curious with a keen interest in becoming familiar with new technologies.
Key words ip specialist patent specialist patent engineer ip engineer ip scientist patent scientist patent adviser ip advisor intellectual property specialist ip consultant patent consultant chemist post doc chemist post doctoral chemist scientist post doc scientist post doctoral scientist biochemist biochemistry post doc biochemist
Or check similar jobs