Our client, a leading Oil and Gas supplier company based in Great Yarmouth are currently seeking a Southern UK Business Development Manager to join their busy team.
Apply on Partner Site
* Do you have a Degree qualification in Business Management?
* Do you have extensive knowledge and experience working within Oil & Gas?
* Do you have experience within renewable energy?
If so this could be the right role for you.
As the Business Development Manager, you’ll be working with both the Head of Commercial & Business Management & the Southern UK General Manager, the role is responsible for the pursuit of new business opportunities to increase revenue and EBIT. Whilst engagement with existing Oil & Gas clients will be required to maximise the service matrix opportunities, the primary focus of the role will be on market development and market diversification opportunities to support business growth for a strong and sustainable future.
Role & Responsibilities
* Identify, qualify and develop new market segments, new customer segments, and new geographies for existing services and capabilities.
* Measuring, reporting and communicating business development activities and market opportunities to the General Manager Southern UK working with the Commercial and Sales teams to establish opportunities for continual improvement and collaboration.
* Establish new market and new customer demands, timings and requirements and communicate these internally.
* Through close working relationships and regular communications with business managers, develop and maintain knowledge of all offerings, capabilities and capacities to support business development activities and using this to develop strategic action plans and targets to deliver new business opportunities.
* Establish and maintain an effective knowledge and awareness of the service offerings of competitors.
* Liaise closely with Operations, Marketing and Commercial teams, ensuring that Technical expertise and knowledge is accessed and utilised as appropriate.
* Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with prospective customers, ensuring that the Company is aware of and at the forefront of bidding and tendering opportunities, providing input to commercial tenders to enable appropriate strategies to be developed.
* Recognising that there remain many opportunities with current customers within Southern UK, role will also act as an Account Manager for these customers in order to drive through new additional business
* Through effective networking and attendance at industry events, conferences and seminars, ensure a high level of positive exposure in promoting its service offerings into new market segments, new customer segments and new geographies.
* Develop and deliver presentations to clients or potential clients.
* Experience of working within a sales or new business development environment with a track record of identifying opportunities and closing deals
* Computer literate with well-developed IT skills including but not limited to the Microsoft Office suite, general database programs, internet, web deployed communication with experience working with bespoke software applications and sales software tools (HubSpot)
* Extensive knowledge of, and experience of working within, the UK Oil and Gas Industry
* Excellent attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills
* Effective influencer with demonstrable experience in building and maintaining positive and professional work and client relationships
* Deadline focused - ability to self-manage delivery to customer and internal timelines
* Solutions based analytical and strategic thinker, with the ability to problem solve and identify effective solutions
* Innovative, self-driven and forward-thinking with a passion for customer service
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Or check similar jobs