Technical Project Manager
Apply on Partner Site
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We are recruiting for a Technical Project Manager to join the Engineering team in Royston. The Project Manager will own a specific sub-set of x-ray products in terms of on-time delivery, industrial levels of quality, adherence to Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), customer issues and engineering change through entire lifecycle from inception to end of life.
Acting as the central liaison for all internal stakeholders, the Technical Project Manager will ensure that all products in the offering meet, maintain and build on the PLM outcomes e.g. safety, quality, compliance, marketing, regional availability, ECRs, lead-times, supply chain, manufacturability, service and spares.
Key responsibilities include:
* Ownership for a specific set of products.
* Act as the central liaison for all internal stakeholders, managing communications, the product development roadmaps and the market organisations.
* Ensure on-time delivery of NPD programmes to industrial levels of quality in accordance with the PLM process
* Ensure on-time delivery of engineering changes to industrial levels of quality in accordance with the ECR process
* Ensure released products deliver the required quality, safety, compliance, cost, sales performance, customer satisfaction, production yield and service performance. Achieves this by regular monitoring of KPIs, triggering timely actions to identify and address gaps or issues that arise.
* Own the development roadmap for the platforms, including ECRs, QNs, projects and other changes.
* Act as first responder and problem owner in response to critical customer / business issues.
* Accountable for the execution of product related ECRs (but not responsible for the actions).
* Accountable for the compliance, manufacturing readiness and validation status of each product variant.
What You Need to Succeed
* Degree qualified in engineering or a relevant technical management discipline
* Project management experience in electro-mechanical products with comparable complexity to those of Safeline X-ray
* Experience leading at least one full project to develop and launch a new product
* Experience as product owner with responsibility for leading post-launch activities across sales, marketing, engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, quality and service.
* Good understanding of the end-to-end business process, from customer order to product commissioning
* Project / product management experience spanning at least two generations of product.
* Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary product development.
Our Offer to You
* Competitive Salary
* Employee bonus scheme
* Life assurance (Four times Salary)
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
About Mettler Toledo
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of business background, area of expertise, gender and ethnicity. For more information on our commitment to Sustainability, Diversity and Equal Opportunity please visit us here
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong
Or check similar jobs