An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Glue Minder to join our Production team based at Coveris UK’s Wisbech site, working a continental shift. If you have experience in the folding carton industry, this could be the role for you!
Apply on Partner Site
Suitable candidates may have carried job titles such as:, Machine Operative, Multi-Skilled Operative or Production Operative.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the site
* Ensure day to day running of the glue lines in the Finishing cell are fully utilised and optimised including covering breaks where possible.
* Report any issues to the Team Leader that affect SQD throughout the shift
* Achieve machine targets speed to be optimised where possible depending on product type – raising any concerns where these cannot be achieved immediately
* Monitor and control glue line quality using the appropriate documentation– raise any concerns with the Team Leader
* Complete all related paperwork and input data onto the ERP system accurately
* Maintain good housekeeping on the glue lines and surrounding areas
* Fill out Production feedback forms when you incur downtime or input errors
* Support the Team Leader in concluding internal spoilage investigations and customer complaints
* Ensure all metrics are populated on the machine
* Have the experience and knowledge of the cell to provide support and training to any new starters or personnel
* Ensure all standard SOP’s are adhered too
* Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
* Willingness to multiskill and be flexible based on the needs and demand of the business
* Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times
* Great attention to detail
* Innovative thinker
* Organised and calm under pressure
* Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
* Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
* A desire to continually improve
* 2/3 years’ experience would be desirable in a folding carton industry however training will be provided
* Computer literate
* Experience of a fast moving ever changing environment
* Full driving licence is essential
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful
Or check similar jobs