Electrical Design Engineer – Zuken E3, Automotive, £40,000 + benefits, Northamptonshire
Apply on Partner Site
Electrical Design Engineer – Zuken E3 Responsibilities:
* The design and implementation of rechargeable high power battery packs (<800VDC) and associated energy distribution, motor drive and protection systems.
* The design of low voltage (12-24VDC) control systems and installation harness.
* Reviewing and contributing to customer/internal project requirement documents.
* Collaboration with functional safety engineers in the preparation of FMEA and other safety related documents.
* Defining high level system architecture drawings of an electrical control system.
* Liaising with controls and mechanical engineers to produce a unified strategy.
* Examining load requirements and selecting appropriate fuse ratings and conductor CSA.
* Research and selecting compatible components.
* Preparation of detailed wiring diagrams and BOMs.
* Defining and carrying out test procedures to ensure requirements are met.
* Providing technical support to other departments/customers on electrical related issues during manufacture, commissioning and product deployment.
Electrical Design Engineer – Zuken E3 Requirements:
* Engineering degree or ONC/HNC in an electrical design related field.
* Previous experience in the preparation of electrical schematics using dedicated electrical design software (Zuken E3 preferred).
* Working knowledge of interfacing requirements of digital, analogue and communications signals.
* Previous experience in automotive related design and installation an advantage.
* Knowledge of isolation requirements and practices for DC systems to 800V.
* An understanding of material selection and protective treatments.
* An understanding of electric vehicles is advantageous.
* Experience on the implementation of automotive ECU units is an advantage.
* 2-3 years on job experience
Or check similar jobs