The Teaching Executives is a leading provider of teachers to schools throughout the North West and North Wales. We have offices situated in Liverpool City Centre and at The University of Chester. We are currently working with a school who are looking to appoint a Head of Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish specialism) who will work with the Senior Leadership Team and colleagues throughout the department, to drive continuing improvement in students’ progress in Spanish across Key Stage 3 – 4, as well as the quality of Teaching and Learning within MFL.
Apply on Partner Site
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner who can demonstrate experience of raising attainment in Spanish across Key Stages 3 - 4. You will have a proven track record of success in the classroom and demonstrate high aspirations for our students.
You will be a dedicated, talented and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about Teaching and Learning. The ability to work as part of a team, in a very busy and fast-paced environment is essential.
Our ambition is to grow MFL into the sixth form and be able to offer it as an A Level subject.
Applications from Early Career Stage teachers are welcome.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to champion the schools' development, by joining us on our exciting journey and helping us to ensure our students receive a world-class education, thereby enabling each child to reach their full potential.
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to the appropriate Key Stage
• Giving constructive and guided feedback to students both written and verbally
• Summative and formative assessment, guide progress through marking and feedback
• Communicating effectively with parents throughout the year
• Attending departmental meetings
• Encouraged to share best practice within and beyond the department
• Lead extracurricular enrichment activities to extend learning beyond the classroom
• Qualified teacher with a PGCE, Bachelor's Degree, a Bachelor of Education, or the international equivalent. Up to date DBS certificate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• Possess an excellent subject knowledge
• Have excellent knowledge of the British Curriculum
• Maintain exceptional classroom practice
• Work collaboratively and creatively with colleagues
* Payment scale advertised is based upon the teacher pay scale from M1 to M6. Actual pay is based upon relevant teaching experience
Or check similar jobs