Siltbuster are looking to welcome a Workshop Fitter to join us at our headquarters in Monmouth. This role will be responsible for mechanically and electrically assemble, service and repair company products and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Due to the fast paced nature of our business the Workshop Fitter will be required to ensure that all equipment is checked, serviced and repaired to a high standard.
Apply on Partner Site
* Prepare, assemble, test and service company products and equipment in a safe, efficient and effective way and to company, client and industry standards
* Perform preventative maintenance on products/equipment, checking for damage or defects, reporting and repairing as required
* Submit proposals for improvements to products and equipment or processes
* Ensure any necessary administration and paperwork is completed accurately, in full and on time
* Wash and clean products and equipment when required
* Provide support and absence cover to other yard / workshop roles when needed
* Provide ad hoc assistance to field engineers with client site installation or delivery of products and equipment in the UK, if required
* Operate Fork-lifts if required on occasion, where trained, qualified, and competent to do so
* Keep tools and equipment in good conditions and stored in the correct place when not in use, and promptly reporting any defects to your line manager
* Maintain a clean, tidy and organised work area at all times, ensuring tools and equipment are kept in good condition and ensure equipment, tools and parts used are stored in the correct location when not in use.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
* NVQ Level 2/3 in mechanical/electrical engineering, plant maintenance or equivalent
* Proven experience in a Workshop Fitter or similar role
* Able to read and accurately interpret technical instructions, information, and drawings
* Ability to use hand tools typically used in a workshop environment
* Able to problem solve both simple/more complex issues and identify and resolve defects
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and regulations relevant to role e.g. manual handling, working at heights, COSHH, confined space
* Basic health and safety qualification advantageous e.g. IOSH
* CSCS card and tickets for Elevated Work Platform, Working at Heights, Confined Space and First Aid advantageous
* High level of integrity - honest, reliable and dependable
* Good work ethic and cares about safety
* Respectful of others and has pride in own work
* Resourceful, flexible, adaptable and able to learn quickly
* Resilient under pressure
* Team Player with a good sense of humour
* Must be fit and able to operate tools and vehicles
* Driving license
Siltbuster are pleased to offer a Competitive Salary, 25 days holiday + Bank holidays, Pension scheme and non contractual bonus scheme.
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. Relevant IT equipment will be provided. Product training will be given as required in relation to this role.
This role will require the immediate and permanent right to work in the UK.
This role is not open to Agencies - Please no calls or emails - Thank you.
The recruitment of this role will be within strict social distancing guidelines as advised by the UK Government.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. We will review your data as supplied to us as part of your application to us in relation to an open position within our business.
We will retain your data for a period of 24 months, when you will be notified by us via email to give your consent for continued retention of details or your consent for your data to be removed from our recruitment system.
Please visit our website to know more about our Customer Privacy and Data Protection Information
Or check similar jobs