The UK Atomic Energy Agency (UKAEA) are at the forefront of realising energy from fusion. Fusion is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner energy the world badly needs.
Apply on Partner Site
As the UKAEA are working towards this mission, they have devised values that capture the sprit of how they work and it includes being: Innovative, Committed, Trusted and Collaborative.
They are now seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Process Improvement Specialist:
The Overall Purpose
* Capturing current "As Is" business arrangements and processes, analysing the controls and assurance in place to manage the current Agency Supplied Worker (ASW) (contingent labour) contract under the Managed Service contract.
* Documenting the current processes, identify key controls, metrics, roles and responsibilities for the end-to-end ASW processes.
* Focus on identifying and reviewing known risks & process gaps, including reference to an Internal Audit carried out in 2020, the existing controls framework and reference to the Government Commercial and Finance Global Design Principles.
* Analysing and ascertaining the reasons for occurrence for risks or issues identified, preparing recommendations for addressing and correcting them.
* Identifying process improvements and working with stakeholders to amend process or capture in an improvement plan for future implementation.
* Updating process with any agreed changes, to ensure that going forward expectations and responsibilities are clearly defined and understood.
* Documenting requirements and options using interviews, documentation and running stakeholder workshops.
* Producing detailed processes whilst considering the interdependencies of any existing or new processes, including databases and published resources.
* Following an approach outlined in the Government Commercial & Finance Global Design Principles, to enable standardisation of process maps, narratives and metrics, across the connected processes. As the first E2E process review; establishing this methodology in UKAEA.
* Escalating risks as necessary to ensure the appropriate management action is taken and that risks do not fall outside of the contractual controls.
* Systematically review, evaluate, and propose updates to existing processes, procedures, and associated documents.
* Undertake desktop research and investigation to consider all linked documentation and publications for improvement.
* Utilise existing tools, systems, and software to initiate improvements or enhancements to processes (i.e., MS Visio).
* Perform process mapping to document and identify efficiencies, new workflows and implement changes.
* Consider opportunities for automation, utilising existing software, systems, and tools to support the business.
Problem Solving & Data Analytics
* Facilitate cross-functional working on problem-solving activities, in relation to complex processes.
* Analyse multiple datasets to support decision-making and to help with prioritisation of process improvements.
* Undertake root-cause analysis in relation to complex process issues, and drive improvements to these processes.
* Effective scheduling and planning of process review, mapping, consultation, updates, and implementation to meet the audit action deadlines.
* Provide regular updates to the wider team with progress and additional support that may be required for the project.
* Previous experience business process improvement
* Proven experience in change management processes
* Results orientated and goal driven - with strong organisational and planning skills
* Strong computer literacy skills, with MS Office applications (including MS Excel & VISIO)
* Process mapping and other process improvement tools and techniques
Desirable: Experience of working in a large matrixed organisational structure
* Analysis and presentation of large data sets, using MS software
* Experience in small to medium ERP such as Unit 4 / Agresso
* Awareness of functional standards and process owner models within Finance and/or Commercial.
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
Or check similar jobs