Global Logistics Coordinator
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Easter Park, Silchester, Reading, RG7.
Salary: £27-30k DOE plus benefits.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
CTS is a logistics specialist moving Dangerous, Delicate, Difficult goods by road, sea and air for government, healthcare, defense and civil nuclear clients. We are globally recognised in the delivery of hazardous goods, sensitive shipments and high value items.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Coordinator to join our Freight Forwarding team.
The successful applicant will ideally have some understanding of key international trade lanes and some interest in learning about shipping difficult products such as Dangerous Goods. This is a varied role where you will be liaising with customers, worldwide partners and dealing with multiple priorities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and our aim is to hire great people from all walks of life – if you share our values of Excellence, Adaptability, Strategic Focus and Integrity, please come and join us.
About the role
Reporting to the Global Manager, you will be coordinating the full life cycle of the movement of goods from pick up to final delivery and your daily responsibilities will be to:
• Book, plan and monitor international shipments using Freight Management System and Carrier portals - in accordance with the rules and regulations that apply to that area of the world and to the goods consigned
• Create international transport documentation e.g. Air Waybills, Bills of Lading(B/L), CMRs
• Accurately enter data regarding goods being imported or exported
• Rate shipments for specific modes of transport in line with Incoterms
• Prepare Export & Import Customs Declarations in CHIEF/CDS.
• Use data systems to prepare and submit the information required by customs authorities as part of the management of the international movement of goods
• Use UK Trade Tariff Volume I,II,III to obtain correct information relating to Customs Procedures, Commodity Codes, VAT and Duty
• Produce freight costings and invoices in line with incoterms and relevant charges
• Prepare quotes for services by Air, Sea and Road
• Apply costs and revenues and is aware of desired margins
• Demonstrate good sales/customer service skills
• Deliver high standards of customer service both on the telephone and face to face and use various forms of media effectively where necessary
• Demonstrate the use of both verbal and written communication that is appropriate to the business and social cultures of customers and their staff in the overseas countries with whom we trade
• Carry out general Office Administration as required
What we need from you
• GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills (including good confident telephone manner)
• Tenacious and good at multi-tasking
• Self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
• Ability to work within a team
• Must have excellent attention to detail
• IT literate – Experience with Microsoft Office essential
Essential Personal qualities
• Willing to learn and an enthusiasm for taking responsibility for own activity, and wanting to be involved (independently and in teams) to in create results in a busy and ever-changing organisation
• Show passion in delivering high quality work for all our clients and other members of the team
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to meet set deadlines
• Ability to remain calm under pressure, be welcoming and customer focused.
• Confident and outgoing personality
• Polite and friendly
• Flexible and adaptable
• Reliable/ punctual
• Team player
• IATA DG by Air / IMDG
• Multi modal experience with creating Transport documentation.
• Experience with Customs handling of Import/Export (CHIEF/CDS) declarations
• Previous experience using Incoterms
• Comprehensive knowledge of UK Trade tariff volumes
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today
Or check similar jobs