We’re looking for an experienced Materials Manager to join our Procurement Team to support our Engineering Category Managers who are sourcing spare parts and components for our c.9,000 buses and coaches across the UK.
Apply on Partner Site
Working closely with the Category Managers, Engineering Teams and Head of Procurement, the key focus of the role is to ensure that we purchase and manage our parts in the optimum way against a changing landscape.
We’re implementing a new asset management system due to go live in early 2022, and are looking for someone who will grasp this opportunity and optimise the additional benefits we can derive from the system. Working with key stakeholders both internal and external, the successful candidate will increase efficiency in parts ordering, and will be a pivotal stakeholder helping to manage our parts ordering system throughout the business, from depot to central support level. We want someone who will implement processes to ensure that total cost of ownership is measured and monitored, to increase stock availability to its optimum level and to minimise obsolescence.
In line with our Net-Zero strategy we're on a journey which will change our fleet from predominantly traditional diesel engines to hybrid and electric. This will require consideration of associated technology and parts. As we embark on this new and exciting chapter, we recognise that how we manage our supply chain will be really important.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for keeping our vehicles safe and on the road, enabling us to serve our communities by ensuring availability of the correct parts, at the correct time, in the correct place.
• Ensure we buy the correct specification of products for our vehicles to help reduce the amount of breakdowns and increase efficiency in our engineering workshops
• Remove duplicate and obsolete parts from our system to increase efficiencies within our sourcing activities
• Work with our suppliers to forecast anticipated requirements and improve stock control and availability
• Manage the parts in our system in the most effective and efficient manner for both the engineering and procurement teams
• Review processes to ensure all warranties are recorded and tracked accurately
• In conjunction with our engineering teams, constantly review the market to identify and trial new parts
• Seek opportunities in conjunction with stakeholders to maximise value to Stagecoach
• Understand and mitigate risks in the market
Person Requirements – Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
• Experience working as a Materials / Parts Manager in a high volume environment, (ideally within either a Engineering, Transport, Aerospace, Rail, Defence or Manufacturing Industry)
• Experience implementing processes and procedures to increase efficiency and value
• Experience of working with an enterprise asset management and stock control system
• Experience developing specifications of parts and components
• Experience working with supply chain partners and manufacturers
• Experience of ordering / inventory management systems
• Experience of continuous improvement techniques and practices
• Ability to challenge the status quo and suggest new ideas to improve processes
• Experience reporting to senior managers and stakeholders
• Honed leadership skills and the ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the company
• Six Sigma or similar qualification
This is a senior role within our organisation and will require someone who has the experience and vision, to create strategies and road maps to improve the way we do things to drive value and efficiencies
Or check similar jobs