Apply on Partner Site
We're looking for Site Operatives to join Public Health Devon's team as part of the Covid-19 Testing Programme to play their part in a challenge like no other and #DoItForDevon. This opportunity is offered on a casual basis via Temp Solutions, Devon County Council's temporary staffing bank.
The programme operates mobile testing units across the county, and is responsible for distributing rapid lateral flow testing kits as well as educating the general public about the latest guidance regarding Covid-19 and encouraging people to engage with regular testing. The work of the programme is constantly evolving based on the latest Covid-19 data and public health priorities, but is critical to supporting Devon's response to the pandemic.
About the role
As a Site Operative, you will be responsible for providing excellent service to members of the public that visit the mobile testing sites and encouraging them to #GoWithTheFlow and take regular lateral flow tests to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
You will also answer general queries from the public with regards to how to conduct a lateral flow test, and the latest Government advice, as well as support with general duties relating to setting up and dismantling the sites (which may include driving the testing van to the relevant location). Currently, we are offering casual placements on a 3 month rolling basis, but the evolving nature of the pandemic means that this is subject to change.
We're currently looking for Site Operatives to cover the following routes:
* Tavistock area - including Ivybridge, Okehampton, Holsworthy and Moretonhampstead
You'll need to be able to travel to Tavistock respectively as part of this role, although the testing unit routes cover the whole area shown.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
* Proven experience of delivering excellent service in a customer-facing role
* Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to advise and reassure members of the public around Covid testing and Government advice
* A degree of flexibility - the programme operates across the week, with varying shifts
* Adaptability, as the role evolves depending on the progression of the pandemic
Ideally, you'll be looking for full-time work and be flexible to work across our operating hours (currently Monday to Sunday, 8am to 6pm), but part-time candidates will be considered.
What we can offer you
This is a fantastic opportunity to play your part in delivering Devon's public health response to Covid-19. We've implemented stringent Covid-secure measures (including PPE where necessary) to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
You'll be working on a casual basis via Temp Solutions, which offers a range of benefits including:
* Competitive pay in line with local government pay scales
* Opportunity to join the attractive, career-average Local Government Pension scheme
* 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro-rata), paid separately from working hours
* Access to a range of temporary placements within DCC and partner organisations, so you can get a flavour of a career in local government.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Temp Solutions - (phone number removed)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Casual Worker Operating Standards will apply to any placement offered.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the
Temp Solutions privacy notice.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page
Or check similar jobs