Platform Resourcing are currently working with a leading manufacturing company who are looking to expand their team by taking on a Manufacturing Team Leader in Cardiff.
Apply on Partner Site
The successful candidate will ensure that all orders are manufactured to the expected high standards, whilst also adhering to all Health and Safety policies. They will also ensure all KPI’s and data reporting is completed accurately and on time.
Manufacturing Team Leader Benefits:
* Yearly bonus up to 10% of annual salary based on company performance (£2,400 for this position paid every December)
* Permanent, stable role within a growing organisation during an exciting period of expansion
* 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays with Christmas shutdown
* Death in Service scheme
* Pension, 4% employee + 5% employer
* Long Service Awards, award given from 5 years on in 5 year increments
* EAP Programme
Manufacturing Team Leader Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensure that all manufacturing quality is of the expected high standard, and the RDD’s are met, and all quality paperwork is adhered to.
* Continuously drive the team to maximise output
* Instil cultural change to embrace ongoing improvements and efficiencies
* Minimise labour costs when possible whilst achieving manufacturing needs
* Organise correct utilisation of manning within the business as a whole
* Ensure operator training is carried when needed and sign off completed on time
* Continuously look to reduce scrap levels
* Generate and implement initiatives that drive improvements
* Ensure housekeeping is maintained and work areas are clean and free of debris
* Ensure that the RAMS are explained and signed off by respective persons as required
* Complete all data reports and KPI’s to drive efficiencies
* Conduct consumable stocks checks and make sure they are maintained
* Manage employees in relation to HR related activities i.e. holidays / absence / lateness
* Conduct investigations and disciplinaries as and when required
* Work closely with the TLA to ensure all duties are always covered to the highest standard.
Manufacturing Team Leader Essential Experience/Qualifications
* Experience within a manufacturing or engineering Team Leader/ Supervisor position
* FLT licence preferable but not essential
* Competent numeracy and literacy skills – able to produce reports
* Previous investigations leadership skills advantageous
* Good IT skills, including experience of using Microsoft programmes and SAP
* Manufacturing knowledge and experience
* A positive attitude towards continuous improvement
* A willingness to be flexible regarding working hours
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless
deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency
Or check similar jobs