Learning Support Assistant SEN*
Apply on Partner Site
*8.30am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday*
I am looking for a capable LSA for a SEN school in Cheadle, Stockport. This wonderful residential school provides a education for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. The role will be based in the college supporting young adults.
* Experience working within a similar role with children and young people with SEND
* Maths and English qualifications at GCSE Grade C or above
* A relevant qualification, preferred
* Excellent communication skills and patience
* A keen interest and skills in supporting pupils’ learning across a broad curriculum.
*About the Job:*
* Facilitate learning across the broad curriculum and to facilitate the building of positive and appropriate relationships with peers. This may mean dealing with some challenging behaviour.
* To assist the class teacher in delivering pupils’ education. This includes contributing to planning and preparation of differentiated resources and individual instruction.
* Personal Care
* Support the class by working with individual pupils or small groups, with primary responsibility for an allocated pupil.
*Benefits for you:*
· Wonderful, established and supportive staff team
* Monday-Friday working, no night shifts or weekends
· Full and ongoing training
· Comprehensive induction programme and development opportunities
· If required, affordable, onsite accommodation may be available, and temporary accommodation is available to candidates relocating
*_All offers are subject to satisfactory references and a child and adult DBS check_
Or check similar jobs