MMP Consultancy are currently recruiting for a Housing Options Officer on a temporary basis for a client based in London.
Apply on Partner Site
The Housing Options Officer will ensure that people applying for assistance in resolving a housing problem receive advice about the housing options available to them and support to access housing and other services that they need. The Housing Options Officer will also prevent and resolve homelessness wherever possible by providing advice, information and ongoing support to those in housing need.
The Housing Options Officer will also assess, advise and assist customers under the relevant statutory housing and homelessness legislation. They will also carry out needs, risks and support assessments develop personal housing plans, provide housing related support to residents and issue decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Provide comprehensive housing options, support and homelessness prevention advice including the use of affordability assessments for all applicants and issue personal housing plans and decisions based on homelessness legislation and the Code of Guidance as well as assisting people to access the Choice Based Lettings Scheme, private rented sector and other housing options
* Work actively with landlords, letting agents, Registered Providers, Environmental Health, Housing Benefits and DWP in order to secure and sustain affordable private sector properties in and outside the borough and promote good practice in private renting
* Negotiate payments to landlords and agents within the terms of the framework and procedures and submit these requests to the Team Leader for authorisation in order to prevent homelessness
* Develop, acquire and retain a sound knowledge of legislation and policy in relation to housing and homelessness (including relevant case law), safeguarding and social care and welfare benefits
* Undertake enquiries into the circumstances of housing applicants, obtaining and checking documents, contacting family, friends and partner agencies, and gathering information for the purposes of preventing homelessness, verifying applications and fully identifying needs and risks
* Make recommendations to the Team Leader on the provision of temporary accommodation for applicants, advising on the most suitable type of accommodation that should be provided
* Initiate and/or provide support, maintaining contact and engagement with clients, regularly reviewing and updating personal housing plans as appropriate
* Work co-operatively with colleagues in other relevant services for children, young people and adults, including organising or participating in multi agency meetings where appropriate
* Maintain comprehensive, confidential and accurate case records for clients of the service, identifying any suspected risks or safeguarding concerns arising for children or adults to the Team Leader or other manager
Or check similar jobs