SEMH Teaching Assistant
Apply on Partner Site
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Long Term Supply
Pay: £75 - £85 per day
Leader Education are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant in partnership with an independent specialist SEMH school based in Huddersfield.
The school supports students across Key Stage 1, 2, 3 & 4 with social, emotional, and mental health needs that for specific reasons are no longer in mainstream provisions.
You will have previous experience of working with students and young people with SEMH - social, emotional, and mental health needs (previously known as BESD, SEBD & EBD).
* You will be required to provide either one to one or small group support to learners with SEMH needs.
* To comply with individual learning plans
* To take direction from the class teacher
* You must be an experienced classroom support assistant that has experience of working with SEMH needs.
* You are patient, resilient and thick skinned.
* You make learning fun
* You have excellent communication skills
* You have a therapeutic and holistic approach
* Ideally Team Teach trained
Or check similar jobs