Apply on Partner Site
To oversee the general running of the CAD department, produce project specific specifications, technical submissions and assisting the cad technicians to produce GA to construction status drawings. You are required to attend initial design meetings both in house and on site, and to liaise with the department regarding the design and specification for the individual project. You are to assist the Production and Procurement teams with the material procurement and ensure that crucial drawing dead lines are met.
Role Key Accountabilities
* Receive files from the order stage and define the project specifications, technical submissions and requirements against SGC quotation/cost plan.
* Arrange initial design meetings to ensure proposed designs and details are documented.
* Direct cad technicians with the aid of project specifications to start GA drawings.
* Discuss and set out quantity of drawings by drawing issue sheet prior to work commencing.
* Direct CAD technicians to achieve critical fabrication, installation and accessory requirement dates in line with SGC program.
* Direct technicians in line with architect and consultant’s comments and requirements and assist the CAD technicians in adjusting drawings in line with design scope requirements.
* Compile and maintain product documentation within the CAD department.
* Liaise with the scheduling co-ordinate to ensure project information is up to date on status report in line with the construction issue drawings.
* Advise the QS and estimators regarding variations to project requirements and await instruction from the QS / contracts manager prior to proceeding.
* Ensure CAD department files are maintained and all details and design changes are recorded within the department library.
* Cross check and sign off drawing details to ensure product compatibility and fabrication requirements are met in line with the project scope and SGC standard details / brief.
* Manage the Compilation of the O&M manual information in line with project requirements.
* Issue official documentation/test results to clients as required.
* Give technical assistance / design experience to the CAD technicians as required to ensure a smooth overall running and flow of work through the department.
* Research and specify any specialist fixing types and liaise with the team to include within the details to suit.
* Review and arrange project specific loadings and site-specific calculations with engineers as required.
* Set up and record standard limitations for products used with in the design process to guide the design team
Or check similar jobs