ACS-Recruit are now recruiting for a number of Children's Residential Support Workers and Senior Support staff supporting children and young people aged between 08-13 and 16-18 with EBD and challenging behaviours for residential homes in Peterborough and London.
Apply on Partner Site
The homes requires both day, sleep-in and waking night staff working shift duties, including working weekends, and Bank Holidays as per the needs of the home. This role will suit staff who have patience, resilience and are nurturing, to provide positive and continued support to children and young people who have experienced trauma and emotional crisis.
Main duties and responsibilities will include amongst others:
* To work as part of the team to assist in providing a supportive and stimulating environment which provides care, and nurturing to the young people in the home.
* To safeguarding and promote the physical and emotional wellbeing of the young people in the home.
* In collaboration with others - staff and professionals - to help assess the needs of young people referred/placed; to support the care package
* To be a role models for the young people through reflective, consistent and non-judgemental care; setting appropriate boundaries
* To advocate for the young people to promote their rights and for their voices to be heard: communicating effectively with the young people and ensuring that young people are appropriately involved where possible in decisions about their support plans and care plans
* To assist in the provision of a stable and nurturing environment to promote and safeguard the young people's welfare, promote their health and development, taking account of their culture, race, religion, disability, gender and sexual orientation.
* To provide the level of supervision necessary to ensure that the young people are protected and their welfare promoted
* To carry out Keyworker responsibilities and tasks with individual young people and where necessary their families.
Skills and experience:
* 2+ years' experience in residential setting (EBD experience preferred)
* Minimum NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People or Residential Care
* Enhanced DBS registered on the update service
* Knowledge and understanding of the Children Act 1989, the revised Children's Home Regulations 2015, and the Quality Care Standards
* Knowledge and understanding of needs of young people from different backgrounds, those with disabilities, and challenging needs
* Awareness and understanding of issues relating to sexuality, sexual abuse and child protection
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Reference ID: ACS/SB1011
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £22,500.00-£27,500.00 per year
Common areas are sanitised daily, Staff provided with gloves and masks where relevant and necessary
Or check similar jobs