Job Paths 4 U are looking for a dedicated hard-working Residential Childcare Worker for one of our client’s Residential Children’s Home based in Nottingham.
Apply on Partner Site
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a reputable and growing children’s residential services care group based in Nottingham, with services across the East Midlands providing safe, caring, and nurturing living environments for children and young people with EBD and challenging behaviour.
As a residential childcare worker, you will play a full and effective role as a member of the staff team, providing high-quality assessment and residential care for children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
My client is looking for a dedicated organised childcare worker who can take the initiative to work well independently as well as working well with other members of the staff team.
Residential Childcare Worker Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Attending young people’s meetings and contributing to them
* Receiving training appropriate to the role and maintaining an up to date training profile
* Providing advice, assistance, and support on a 1:1 basis to enable young people to address past and present difficulties
* Providing emotional support at times of difficulty or stress
* Being ambitious for young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential
* Providing support for young people in their education and extra-curricular activities
* Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews or any other meetings as directed by the line manager
* Empowering young people and facilitating their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future
* Acting as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion
* Encouraging the young person to develop links with the community, attend off-site activities and expand their personal social network
Requirements for this Residential Childcare position are:
* NVQ Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification is preferred but not essential
* Experience of working within a residential environment with Children and young people is desirable
* Experience of working with young people with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties and challenging behaviour
* A working knowledge of safeguarding children
* Able to work on a shift pattern which includes sleep-ins
* A full valid driver’s licence is essential
Benefits of this role include:
* Full induction and opportunities for ongoing professional development and career progression
* Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme
* 28 day’s annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
* Regular supervisions, reviews of career and training needs/aspirations
* Refer a friend scheme £400 bonus!
* Employee Assistance Program
* Blue light card paid for by the company
* Staff bonus based on home Ofsted rating (£100 for Good, £200 for Outstanding)
* Enrolment on to the Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Residential Care
* Prospect of a pay rise upon completion of probation
* Access to psychological support and wellbeing programs
Salary: £27,500 - £29,900 including 8 sleep-ins per month
Location: Nottingham NG13
Contact: Ben at Job Paths 4 U
Or check similar jobs