We are looking for Catering Assistants to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a permanent position based on annualised hours, starting from 1st February 2022.
Apply on Partner Site
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Assistant you will work to support the chefs and kitchen team in our busy onsite canteen. Some of your duties will include:
* Serving meals to both our guests and staff
* Keeping the kitchen and restaurant area clean, including cleaning trays, changing bins sweeping and mopping the floor
* Basic food preparation e.g., setting up cereals, salad bar and drinks
* Ensuring health and safety and cleanliness regulations are met
* Assist with unpacking of deliveries
* Ensuring food is stored correctly and rotated in accordance with HACCP regulations
* Decorating the restaurant area for themed nights
* Being aware of the daily menu and different dietary requirements
* At particularly busy times, you may be asked to support in other departments such as Housekeeping.
What we’re looking for:
* An interest in the catering and/ or hospitality industries
* A team player
* Enjoys working in a sociable and fast-paced working environment
* Hard-working with a genuine desire to make our guests happy
* Shows initiative and happy to try new things
* Previous experience working in a kitchen, restaurant or food-based environment is desirable but not essential.
Our motto at JCA is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
The extra bits…
* Permanent position
* Hours are annualised across a year with 12 equal payments (1,680 hours over 12 months)
* 2 weeks off at Christmas! With an additional 15 days leave to take over the year
* The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
* Full-time and part-time contracts available
* £10 per hour
* The role will involve working some weekends
* Full training will be provided including Health and safety, safeguarding and Covid measures
* Role progression and the chance to return for the next season
* Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
Or check similar jobs