Digital Channels Manager, based London starting ASAP
Apply on Partner Site
Our client is an International Sports Charity that works with some of the most famous athletes and sportspeople in the world to celebrate excellence in sport.
We are looking for a dynamic and multi-skilled Digital Channels Manager to plan, produce and deliver compelling content that drives engagement across the organisation’s portfolio of social channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn) and via media partners.
* This is a full-time ongoing temping assignment based London (Fulham) starting ASAP with the potential to convert into a permanent role.
* Pay rate is £(Apply online only) per day plus holiday pay in addition. (Equivalent to £28K- 32K)
* This is a hybrid role working Monday-Friday: 3 days in the office (Fulham-based) and 2 days working from home.
You will be the main point of contact across all social media output: planning and creating visual content, writing posts and managing the organisation’s various social accounts and other associated channels (e.g. LinkedIn).
Working as a key member of the team as the organisation delivers on its new strategic vision, you will be heavily involved in maximising the impact and reach of the organisations’ annual awards event.
To work with the in-house Communications and Marketing teams to deliver engaging and original content for their owned platforms, including:
* Planning and delivering social media and digital content across the organisation’s channels
* Writing and editing copy for social media posts in a tone, style and voice appropriate for each platform
* Defining platform-specific content and strategic approaches to deliver growth across defined metrics
* Coordinating with the organisation’s social media agency to deliver supporting content and planning to grow the channels
* Working across internal teams, alongside Chief Communications Officer and Content and Syndication Manager, to define editorial and content on a day to day basis
* To develop ‘constellations’ to map and define contacts across The organisation’ networks
* To manage content production, delivery, amplification, including:
* Creating engaging imagery for use on their channels using Adobe Photoshop
* Running regular analytics reporting and formatting these for distribution to the wider team
* Being a key digital contact for the charitable foundations that are linked to the organisation, helping them to maximise the reach of their messaging and content on their own networks
* Helping to execute their social media strategy for a global annual televised event, including content gathering, live-clipping and posting of show highlights as well as live-streaming requirements
* Basic video editing and graphics work using Adobe Premiere Pro to create short, sharable videos for their channels
* Managing their video content and archive via YouTube and other platforms to maximise SEO
* Putting forward ideas for proactive and reactive social content around key sporting events and initiatives linked to the organisation and its counterparts
* Taking active part in regular editorial content meetings; short and long-term planning for their social media channels
* Ensuring website and other digital channels reflect the organisation’s social and editorial output and planning
Required Skills & Experience
-Proficiency and experience with native posting and analytics tools for all the major social networks
-Experience of managing multiple external-facing social media channels
-Proficient with image and video editing software, especially Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro
-Experience with social media management tools such as Falcon, Hootsuite etc. preferred
-Understanding of rules regarding use of sports footage, copyright law, defamation etc.
-Creative, dynamic, collaborative and open to feedback
-Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise and effectively manage multiple projects
-Impeccable English spelling and grammar – other languages a bonus
-Excellent attention to detail
-Willingness to work some weekends and evenings on a rota system to cover key sporting and the organisation’s own events
-Enthusiastic and passionate team player
-Experienced social platform leader and innovator
-Multi-skilled producer - ability to generate strong, sharable and engaging content
-Confident and creative
-Driven and agile
-Competent planner and organiser
-Passionate about social media - clear sense of content that will resonate with a social audience
-Confident building significant relationships
You will know how to turn a casual ‘like’ into someone who becomes part of the organisation’s community and invested in their work. You will be abreast of the latest developments in the social media industry, and have a strong interest in the way athletes, sports clubs, governing bodies and the sports media are innovating to help push the brand forward.
If you have the relevant experience and are ready for an exciting new opportunity, apply now!
LK People are a leading UK recruitment consultancy. We specialise in placing the best talent in support, operational and strategic roles on a permanent, temporary and contract basis. We are currently receiving extremely high volumes of applications, so may be unable to respond to all applicants
Or check similar jobs