Part Time Project Support Worker (Vulnerable People / Mental Health / Substance Misuse) – 16 hours per week
Apply on Partner Site
Rewarding opportunity to support vulnerable people within one our hostels, for a compassionate individual with experience gained within a care / support environment or similar.
North Wales Housing provides homes and delivers services to over 2,700 households across North Wales. Our Noddfa Hostel in Colwyn Bay provides temporary supported housing accommodation to vulnerable people, creating support plans based on individual needs whilst helping them to find somewhere more permanent to live.
Our North Wales Housing team of around 170 individuals mean a lot to us, too. We’re proud to say that we’re Gold Standard Investors in People, testament to our desire to care for our colleagues. Our People Strategy focuses on creating an environment where our people are proud to work at a place they want to be, supported to achieve their potential, give their best, and feel valued for their contribution.
The Role – Project Support Worker (Vulnerable People / Mental Health / Substance Misuse)
Supported by the Manager at Noddfa Hostel, you will work closely with residents and support them to achieve their goals as identified through individual support plans. You will achieve this by:
* Assisting service users with their planning and preparation for moving on to more permanent accommodation
* Ensuring housekeeping and cleaning tasks are regularly carried out at the hostel
* Supporting service users to gain essential skills such as cooking, budgeting, and IT literacy
* Assisting service users with their claims for housing and associated benefits
* Maintaining accurate hostel records and resident files
* Responding to and managing any incidents at the hostel appropriately
* Permanent contract, working 16 hours per week
* A salary of £18,722 (pro rata)
* Minimum of 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
* Benefits platform with savings on groceries, high-street shopping, new tech, holidays etc.
* Further studies support and career development opportunities
* Employee health assistance scheme
* Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
* Generous contributory pension scheme
You’ll work on a 3-week rolling rota, working 5:30pm to 9:30pm Monday to Friday on week one, 1:30pm to 9:30pm Saturday and Sunday on week two, and 8:30am to 4:30pm Saturday and Sunday on week three.
Our Requirements – Project Support Worker (Vulnerable People / Mental Health / Substance Misuse)
* Experience gained within a care / support environment or similar
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* An awareness of the support needs of vulnerable people with the ability to work alone with confidence and good judgement
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* A non-judgemental and supportive approach, with ability to handle highly confidential situations in professional manner
* A willingness (if required) to improve your Welsh language skills so that you are comfortable with everyday conversations in Welsh
Although not essential, knowledge of local mental health agencies, plus a track record of working in a housing management or community based support environment would be highly advantageous.
Closing date: Thursday 3rd February 2022
Interview date: Thursday 10th February 2022
By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the North Wales Housing website.
All applications for this Project Support Worker role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Or check similar jobs