89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Apply on Partner Site
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.
Your key responsibilities as the Head Chef will consist of:
- Proactively managing and supporting a catering team
- Recruiting, training, supporting and people development to deliver an efficient, high-quality service to Elior UK, customers and clients
- Maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence
- Creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues
Profile: The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Head Chef include:
- 3 to 5 years experience as head chef desirable and Sous Chef ready for the next step
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- Proven leadership ability
- Proactive and ‘hands on' approach
- Catering experience essential with chef skills
- Contract catering is desirable
Or check similar jobs