Our client based in bedford is looking for a Fabricator to join their team.
Apply on Partner Site
You will be a self-disciplined person as you will be working alone for much of the day. You will manage your own workload, organising and prioritising tasks to meet customer demands. You must be conversant with workshop health and safety practices and adhere to these at all times.
You will also assist the larger manufacturing team when required, on stainless steel production processes such as finishing, operating the punch press, guillotine, laser and dispatch.
The role is based at Bedford and will move to the Shefford site once it has been redeveloped.
• Ensuring the manufacturing schedule is achieved quickly and efficiently to meet targets and deadlines
• Fabrication, assembly, gasket placement and packaging of aluminium access covers
• Use of various machinery and hand tools including twin head mitre saw, crimper, punch tools, pillar drill
• Report any machinery issues and faults to the maintenance team
• QC inspections of work in progress components and finished goods in accordance to quality standards
• Recording production output/data and completing works order information accordingly.
• Contributing to the ongoing development and expansion of the production cell.
• Dealing with incoming goods deliveries, QC inspection and warehousing
• Dispatch tasks as and when required
• Loading/unloading of vehicles
• Participating in business management audits and corrective actions, both internal and external.
• Ensuring tasks are operated and finished according to the Production Planning schedule.
• Operating the Punch Press
• Operating the Guillotine
• Operating basic Laser Cutting
• Finishing products using machinery
• Loading/unloading of vehicles
• Dealing with incoming goods deliveries, QC inspection and warehousing.
• Other general tasks as required.
Experience in an aluminium fabrication.
Experience in use workshop equipment and tools, e.g. mitre saw, pillar drill and hand tools
Experience in operating machinery e.g. guillotine, punch press, laser, linishing.
IT literacy - Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook, X3 for booking goods in/out.
Perform quality measurement and recording tasks.
Read and interpret production drawings.
Workshop health and safety procedures
Good standard of mathematics and numeracy
Good standard of written and verbal English
Counterbalance forklift truck license.
Personal skills and behaviour
Safety conscious behaviour, in particular when working alone
Confident, self-managing, energetic and motivated.
Ability to adjust to changing and demanding deadlines
High level of attention to detail.
Customer focused with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Flexible Team player, willing to assist others as required by the business.
Willing and able to learn and develop new skills
Fluent in English – both written and verbal.
Hours of work are 39 hours per week, 7am - 4pm Monday to Thursday and 7am - 12 noon on Fridays.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business
Or check similar jobs