Apply on Partner Site
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 93,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Ellesmere Port
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,500 - £19,000
We have an excellent new opportunity a Laboratory Technician to join our global organisation. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for analysing samples in accordance with appropriate analytical test procedures and within customer requirements and where appropriate record results on appropriate IT System.
* Responsible for analysis of samples in compliance with the client or company specified test methods ensuring (where appropriate) diagnosis is performed and / or results are reported within KPI
* Responsible, where appropriate, for accurately entering laboratory test data into relevant IT LIMS system
* Where possible provide front line maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, allowing for the smooth and efficient operation of the laboratory.
* Promptly inform your Team Leader if a piece of equipment is not operating correctly to ensure KPI’s are met and minimising inaccuracies and errors.
* Help to build a good working relationship between colleagues, other teams and clients to reduce inefficiencies and capture all business opportunities.
* Keen interest in science with the ability to follow procedures and processes.
* Able to demonstrate an ability to learn and adapt to change.
* Able to organise and prioritise accordingly.
* Effective interpersonal skills (communication, active listening, etc).
* Computer literate, e.g.Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer
* GCSE / A Level in a Science subject
* GCSE Grade C (or similar) Mathematics, English Language.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days
Or check similar jobs