Senior Robotics Software Engineer sought for fast growing robotics start-up in the West End of Glasgow. The company fosters a collaborative environment where criticism and new ideas are openly encouraged to drive innovation and quality. Development is fast paced, allowing for creative problem solving to make sure business objectives are met.
Apply on Partner Site
You will be developing a robotic lawn mower for large terrains. The developed product, empowered by a patent-pending mapping and positioning technology, can cover vastly larger areas than currently possible, ensures the highest level of safety and cutting quality and requires minimal installation. The company mostly targets business clients, such as golf clubs, city councils etc.
The successful candidate will work on software systems to run directly on the robotics platform as well as the software infrastructure to support the running of that robot. This will mean discussions with stakeholders to define software requirements, planning projects to deliver proposed software solutions and then executing these projects.
This role will run in parallel to the other senior engineer roles and report directly to the CEO and CTO. Collaboration across all staff is required, ie. with other software-based disciplines, as well as mechanical and electronics engineers
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or similar STEM field
* Experience in mobile robotic systems software
* Minimum 5 years of Python development experience
* Computer vision experience - object classification, scene semantics and segmentation
* Fluent in the application of ROS and use of Gazebo and Rviz
* Diligent version control using GitHub/ GitLab or similar
* Experience with Unix development and systems administration
Desirable Skills & Abilities
* Taken multiple products through from initial development to support post deployment
* Startup experience
* Experience in mobile robotic systems hardware architecture design
* Experience with embedded systems and C/C++
* Fluency with SPI interface - I2c - UART - CAN-Bus protocols.
* Experience with Dynamic System analysis, linear and non-linear control theory and nonlinear state estimation, nonlinear optimization
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company with a culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork. You will receive a salary and benefits package with share options available through tenure.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. As such, currently all interviews will be conducted via video conference or telephone
Or check similar jobs