Apply on Partner Site
6 MONTH CONTRACT
HOURLY RATE & OUTSIDE OR IR35
HEAVY INDUSTRY MANUFACTURING
Prepare the more advanced design and general arrangement drawings undertaken by the Drawing office; and layout and detail drawings as required.
* Prepares, from information obtained personally and/or provided by others, the more advanced design and general arrangement drawings undertaken by the Drawing office; and layout and detail drawings as required. The drawing should comply with engineering standards currently in force and be suitable for reproduction.
* Extrusion and Cold Drawing tool design with elements of reverse engineering and Finite Element Analysis and feasibility study of sales enquiries utilizing in-house software
* Carry out fault diagnosis/direction and provide rapid response to assist breakdown situations to the engineering areas.
* Examine available information and determine from engineering calculations, standard reference sources, such factors such as loads applied, effect of environmental conditions, resultant stresses in mechanical and structural elements and powers required. Identify the need for and recommend involvements of specialists to advice on certain areas and assist in subsequent activities.
* Derives actual dimensions, tolerances, areas, volumes, weights etc. to prepare working drawings. Considers the feasibility of and most effective and economical means of manufacture considering Company design principles, engineering stock holdings and standards.
1. Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
2. High level of self-discipline.
3. Independent thinking and decision making.
4. An analytical problem solver — someone who can distill complex issues into coherent solutions.
5. Ability to meet requirements within demanding timescales.
6. A thorough, precise ‘completer / finisher’, but with the ability to ‘see the bigger picture’ and thinklaterally.
7. Self-motivator — able to set own goals and deliver against them.
8. Able to analyse and propose solutions quickly and accurately. Learns quickly
9. Positive attitude and approach to all issues. Solution oriented
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum – HNC Engineering/Design
Calculations and expertise with metals and other materials. Tooling design and sound knowledge of CAD software.
Develop product sketches and designs.
Good technical, interpersonal and communication skills,
A solution orientated and practical problem solver experiences in collecting and analysing data. Self-disciplined, quality orientated, innovative and creative.
This is a £200million Revenue site, with a number of upcoming and ongoing projects if you are interested, please apply now
Or check similar jobs