MMP Consultancy are currently recruiting for an Allocations Officer on a temporary basis, based in London.
Apply on Partner Site
The Allocations Officer will provide a customer focused inclusive choice lettings service to the public that promotes equality of access and reduces barriers to those in housing need accessing affordable and suitable housing. The Allocations Officer will also contribute to the widening of access to the clients Choice Based lettings scheme in addition to providing customer focused advice and assistance to support applicants to address their housing needs through a variety of options.
The Allocations Officer will also work closely with internal departments industry partners and voluntary agencies to assist vulnerable households and those in housing need to access relevant services and make informed choices in addressing their housing needs. They will also contribute to the ongoing development of the Choice Based lettings scheme and allocations scheme.
* Support customers through the choice-based lettings schemes from the initial completion of a housing application through to bidding and being rehoused into appropriate affordable housing this will include assisting with vulnerable applicants to make necessary change and to place bids on their behalf
* Assist vulnerable households to access the choice based lettings scheme with ease and to work closely with partner agencies to achieve this
* Undertake a range of priority assessments of need including conducting reviews of statutory overcrowding and decisions made against housing allocations policy
* Undertake choice based lettings surgeries for the benefit of the wider community across the borough in promoting equality of access to the scheme
* Provide a customer focused service that has regard to equal opportunities
* Provide advice and information to vulnerable households on their prospects of rehousing and give guidance on areas and property types to facilitate rehousing
* Promote the choice based lettings scheme amongst voluntary and statutory bodies by attending partner agency workshops, advice sessions or meetings with the ai of promoting ease of access to the choice based letting scheme
* Provide training and briefings to internal and external departments such as social services, resident services, housing association partners in relation to the lettings and allocation process
* Work on specific projects to improve the provision of services to those in housing and/or support needs
Key Knowledge & Experience:
* Have sufficient experience in review work for part 6 and part 7 Housing Act decisions
* Able to commence the role with little training required
* Proficient in completing reviews as the role will involve clearing a backlog of review cases with low supervision
Or check similar jobs